Steol-M is a clear liquid of yellow to green color. Designed for filling hydraulic devices. Steol-M oil is a mixture of distilled premium grade glycerin, distilled water with a chloride concentration of no more than 0.02 mg / dm3, rectified ethyl alcohol and anti-corrosion additives. Sodium hydroxide, potassium chromate, diethylamine phosphate are added to such steol-m liquids. Sodium hydroxide, potassium chromate, diethylamine phosphate are added to such steol-m liquids.
Steol-M oil should have the following physicochemical properties:
- appearance - color from yellow to green, transparent mixture without residue;
- density - up to 1.108 g / cm3;
- mass fraction of glycerin - within 47.7%;
- mass fraction of ethyl alcohol - within 19.7%;
- ash- up to 1.9%;
- mass fraction of chlorine - up to 0.002%;
- mass fraction of iron - up to 0.01%;
- mass fraction of alkali calculated as NaOH - up to 0.13%;
- mass fraction of chromium - up to 1.7%;
- mass fraction of diethylamine phosphate - 0.15-0.3%;
- flash point - in the open crucible - not less than 32 ° С, in the closed crucible - up to 25 ° С;
- autoignition temperature - not less than 480 ° С;
They are classified as flammable at high temperatures, hazardous substances. The use of open flame is not allowed in places of storage and pouring of steol-m liquid. All work must be carried out in specially equipped rooms with input-exhaust ventilation. Air-mechanical foams, water mist and other gas extinguishing compositions are used as fire extinguishing agents. Exposition to eyes or ingestion prohibited, therefore, it is necessary to use special protective equipment for hands and eyes.