Purpose of VM-5 vacuum oil: VM-5 vacuum oil obtained from sulfurous or low-sulfur oils using deep purification and vacuum distillation technology. VM 5 vacuum oil is used as a working fluid in high-vacuum steam-oil pumps (providing a lower residual pressure in vacuum systems compared to VM-1 and VM-1C vacuum oils), as well as, in some cases, in mechanical pumps with oil seals of mating parts.
Specifications of VM 5 vacuum oil:
- Density at 20 °C g/cm3, not more than: 0.885;
- Colour, units of CNT, not more than: colorless;
- Kinematic viscosity, at 50°С, mm²/sec, not less: 60-70;
- Flash point in the open crucible, °С: not less than 230;
- Pour point, °С, not higher: -12;
- Water content, %: no;
- Content of mechanical impurities, %: no;
- Content of water-soluble acids and alkalis, %: no;
- Ash, %, not more than: 0.01;
- saturated vapor pressure at 20 °С, Pa, not more than: 2.7 × 10-5;
- Vapor pressure at 20 °С, Pa, not more than: –;
- Boiling point, at which the vapor pressure is 1.33 Pa (1.1 × 10-2 Torr), °С: 140-150.